oUR COMMITMENT ON YOUR PRIVACY & DATA
(“Sun Shack”, “we”, “us”, “our”) know how important privacy is to our customers, and we strive to be clear about how we collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store your personal information.
Use and Sharing of InformationWe use the information we collect, among other things:
• To provide the Services you request;
• To understand the way you use the Services so that we can improve your experience;
• To understand more about our customers so that we can offer the most relevant communications, services, and experiences
• To provide customised content and advertising with your separate consent where required.
Information you provide directly
Some Services enable you to give us information directly. For example:
- A number of our Services enable users to create accounts or profiles. In connection with these Services, we will ask you to provide certain information about yourself to set up the account or profile. For example, you submit certain information about yourself, such as your name, date of birth, and email address when you create a Samsung account.
- If you order a product or paid service from us, we will ask for your name, contact information, shipping and billing address(es), and credit card information in order to process your order.
- If you contact our Customer Services team to discuss a product or service, make an enquiry, or lodge a complaint, we will collect information from you regarding the service you require from Samsung. Such information collected will include your name, and depending on the nature of your query, may also include your home address, telephone number, email address, and device identifier.
- Some of our Services enable you to communicate with other people. Those communications will be transmitted through our systems.
- If you allow the sharing of Contacts information with us, the telephone numbers of the people in Contacts will be collected by us to facilitate file sharing and messaging with the people in your Contacts. You can turn off the file sharing and messaging features or restrict the scope of sharing by going to your profile settings.
Information about your use of the Services
In addition to the information you provide, we will collect information about your use of our Services through software on your device and other means. We will collect:
- Location information such as your device’s GPS signal or information about nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers that may be transmitted to us when you use certain Services and enable this function.
- We may disclose your information internally within our business to the relevant teams such as, without limitation, the customer services team, the legal team, the finance team, the sales team, and where you have chosen to receive marketing messages, the marketing teams. We may also disclose your information to the following entities, only to the extent that this will be necessary to perform the Services:
- Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services.
- There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties:
- - to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order);
- to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services; and
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers.
- Other Parties in Connection with Corporate Transactions.We may disclose your information to a third party as part of a merger or transfer, acquisition or sale, or in the event of a bankruptcy.
- Our Services & Apps make use of social network plugins (“Plugins”). When you use a Service that contains Plugins, information may be directly transferred from your device to the operator of the social network. We have no influence on the data gathered by the Plugin. If you are logged into the social network, your use of our Service can be referenced to your social network account. If you interact with the Plugins, for example by clicking “Like”, “Follow”, or “Share”, or enter a comment, the information may automatically show in your social network profile. Even if you are not logged into your social network account, it may be possible that the Plugins transmit your IP address to the social network operators. Please consider this when using our Services.
- For information about the social network operators of the Plugins used in our Services (“Operators”) please see below:
- Operators of Plugins used in our Services If you are a member of one or more of the following social networks and do not want the Operator to connect the data concerning your use of our Services with your member data already stored by the Operator, please log out of the social network before using our Services.